Doula Canada is currently seeking interested persons for the role of Provincial Liaison in the following provinces and territories:
- Northern Ontario
- Northwest Territories
- Yukon Territories
PL’s are responsible for regional outreach, research associated with Doula Canada’s Canadian mandate, event sourcing and preparation, student facilitation as requested, and the planning and execution of development opportunities for student and alumni relations.
If interested in applying please email our Director at email@example.com with a cover letter and copy of your updated resume.
- Provincial liaisons are currently rated at 5 hours per a week.
- Compensation is set at a rate of $15.50 per an hour, plus free training opportunities and room for growth towards an instructional role in your region.
- 3 month probationary period applies to all successful applicants.
Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Resumes will stay on file for one fiscal year.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Are you ready to Doula Canada?
Doula Canada is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant, to work part-time hours with our National Director. Probationary period of 3 months, with potential for full-time hours after review.
TITLE: Assistant to the Director/ Clerical staff
CLASSIFICATION: Support and Administration
LOCATION: Belleville, ON area
POSTING DATE: April 20th, 2018
CLOSING DATE: May 4th, 2018
HOURS: Tuesday and Thursday, daytime, 10 hours per week
START DATE: As soon as possible
Job Description and Expectations of Executive Assistant/ Office Assistant:
As a member of the Doula Training Canada administrative and clerical team, the Assistant to the Director will provide clerical support and management in office and administrative duties, as set out and requested by the national Director.
The intended role will answer phone and email enquiries during their office hours, organize and arrange learning materials, prepare mailing materials, and order supplies, as well as perform administrative or clerical related tasks, as requested by the Director of Doula Canada.
An additional area of responsibility is to act as a liaison between the Director of Doula Canada, the Program Coordinator, the Instructors, the Provincial Liaisons, and any other team members that require a commitment of time or materials from the Director and administrative/ clerical staff.
As a member of the Doula Training Canada team the Assistant to the Director will also support and work towards the key goals and objectives identified by the Doula Training Canada administrative team, and any strategic plans they set in place as a national certifying organization for doulas and childbirth educators.
Roles and Responsibilities of Provincial Liaison:
(1). As a member of the DTC team, and in collaboration with other staff of Doula Canada, the Assistant to the Director will provide:
- Work closely with the executive(s) to understand their priorities and needs.
- Efficiently manage incoming and outgoing email enquiries, ensuring all emails are appropriately responded to in a timely and professional fashion.
- Arrange company related travel, accommodations, and appointment matters (domestic and international); including flights, hotels/AirBNB, training locations, car rentals, dinner/catering reservations and events, as requested by the National Director.
- Book business related appointments and meetings between the National Director, other staff, students, alumni, and industry stakeholders.
- Notate and organizes monthly team agendas for meetings and update minute notes.
- Organize, manage, and formally file all records related to students, alumni, staff, and course or curriculum management.
- Undertake special tasks and projects as needed
- Assist the National Director and the Doual Canada team in their development and implementation of various networking strategies
- Communicate and promote the profile of Doula Training Canada regionally and provincially via telephone discussions, email, and generally discourse as it presents itself in the role of Assistant to the National Director
- Occasionally attend meetings out-of-office with the National Director, as requested, and with prior notice.
(2) Coordinate, organize and execute special event arrangements for Doula Canada
- Review any expense requests put forth by Doula Canada staff, for final approval by National Director
- Review and edit marketing materials or course curriculum documents prepared by Doula Canada staff or administration prior to use
- Participate in conferences, workshops, or events as a Doula Training Canada representative
- Arrange phone meetings between interested persons, students or alumni who may have questions about the Doula Canada programs, and the National Director or appropriate Doula Canada staff
- Assist in the dispersement of promotional materials that provide information on services and programs available
(3) Provide effective liaison between the National Director of Doula Canada and the staff of Doula Canada.
- Participate in monthly Doula Training Canada team meetings, with updates on events, relationships, and any required administrative support that is required to effectively promote and support Doula Canada in a way that evokes brand continuity and messaging.
- Carry out regular reporting to the National Director on matters concerning recruitment, student administration, alumni matters, industry involvement, and staff management.
- Other responsibilities include meeting targets and/or other key job performance indicators
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent priority and time management skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proactively anticipates and initiates administrative support.
- Is flexible in with last-minute change of work priorities or requests.
- Possesses an efficient and meticulous work style and a “go-get-em” personality.
- Pursuing a long-term position that may result in full-time hours.
- Familiar with basic computer technology – i.e., Google calendar, email, Word, Excel.
- Familiar with basic bookkeeping software (i.e Quickbooks ).
- Flexible working hours, if requested with enough notice.
- Valid Ontario driver license.
Training and experience:
- Two to three years of administrative assistance or clerical support
- Experience in marketing and promotions is an asset
- Strong working knowledge of computer and software applications
Knowledge preferred, but not mandatory:
- Knowledge of birth work, doula training, and vocational practices and its programs and will be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of other doula training education options, including qualifications
- Excellent understanding of, knowledge and comfort level working with doula and childbirth education students, collaborative community partners and related organizations
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
This position is currently a part-time position, with expectations of 10 hours per a week (with the possibility of more after a review 90 days upon accepting this position).
Compensation to be determined based on experience and expecation, to be paid bi-weekly, and is an official job placement with Doula Training Canada (taxable under the CRA and Human Resource and Development Canada).
All inquiries regarding this position will be treated in strict confidence and should be directed to Shaunacy King, Director, Doula Canada
TO APPLY: Please send a covering letter and a resume (in PDF format) to:
Please note: Following an offer of employment, candidates with Canadian credentials will be required to provide official transcripts from the granting educational institution(s).
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.