48+ Hours LIVE or SELF-DIRECTED Learning
BIRTH & POSTPARTUM DOULA TRAINING
Support parents throughout their pregnancy and postpartum journey
You’re passionate about pregnancy and supporting families in the transition to parenthood but wondering…
WHERE DO I START?
You can turn your passion for birthwork into a thriving business with a community around you to lean on for guidance !
This training offers you the opportunity to start your business with both birth and postpartum certification under belt.
Become the go-to doula in your area, with families reaching out to express their thanks for the positive impact you had on their lives.
Step-By-Step Doula Training
Our Birth & Postpartum Doula Training combines what you need to know to get started as a doula, plus all the tips and advice learned in 20 years as a birth worker.
Our training will walk you through the ways in which a doula supports new parents. You will learn all about pregnancy changes, the stages of labour, the importance of emotional support, developing good listening and communication skills, hands-on comfort measures, how to help people through challenging situations, the spiritual aspects of birth and becoming a parent, infant feeding practices, postpartum support and SO MUCH more!
You might feel like this is a lot right now. A new career, a side hustle, learning about birth. Should I have gotten trained years ago? Is this something I can manage? That’s ok. Any new endeavor will have challenges, that’s why our team at Doula Training Canada is here to help.
If you have a willingness to learn and a passion for birth, you can be an amazing doula
Inside our Birth Doula Training we’ll provide solutions for you to not only support new parents, but also practice balance and self-care for yourself as a doula. There is the old saying that you can’t pour from an empty cup, so we give advice on how to balance your new life in a way that is sustainable.
Are you ready to take the first step on your journey as a birth worker? Ready to support new parents in your community? Ready to find something that you can truly put your heart and soul into? Ready to change the paradigm of BIRTH?
You have the option of 2 unique trainings through Doula Canada.
In-Person: A hybrid program that is mostly in-person with a few additional self-directed modules. You’ll spend 3 days together in person covering the foundational content to become a birth & postpartum doula. Connect with others and with your instructor face to face and come away feeling inspired and ready to begin!
Self-Directed: This course allows you to learn and move through the online modules at your own pace. With 2 years to complete this program, you gain all the information and knowledge you need to start your passion today!
Train with a recognized organization
You may be wondering how you’ll choose which doula training to attend when you’ve found dozens out there! When I first became a doula 20 years ago there were 4 training organizations that I could find. There are now over 200!
It can be challenging to know which one will be right for you. You want to take the best training available at the best price possible.
How can you choose? Here are some things to consider:
– How long has the organization been in operation?
– Who owns it?
– Is it being run by one person or a board of directors/advisors?
– How recognized is it in your area?
– What are your priorities (topics, cost, location, trainer, etc).
Doula Canada is a internationally recognized organization that has helped thousands of students follow their passion for birth work. We think you’ll be in good hands with us but we’re always happy to chat with you and answer any questions to ensure we’re the right fit for you.
LET’S TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Learn about conception and the pregnancy journey
- Learn about pregnancy changes and how we support our clients through them
- Learn about hormones throughout pregnancy , birth & postpartum
- Learn about the signs and stages of labour
- Explore the role of the doula and how we support people throughout your journey
- Practice hands-on skills to use in birth to help increase comfort and decrease pain
- the interconnected nature of the birth journey
- the emotional and physical impact on recovery
- Discuss how to get your first clients
- Strategies on how to get started in your business
- Review the various options as to how you can work as a doula
- Build your confidence and grow your business