Our Childbirth Educator program provides a comprehensive and engaging educational experience meant to prepare you as a strong educator in your community!
This program is designed to help you gain confidence as an adult educator and become an expert in a wide range of perinatal topics related to pregnancy, labour, birth, infant care, and the postpartum experience.
In our Childbirth Educator program, you will complete the program by developing your own course curriculum; specific to your community and teaching goals!
If you are ready to show your teaching skills to the world?! Childbirth Educator is for you!
Step #1: Register!
All of your CBE curriculum is found online through video lessons, audio lessons, templates, articles, created chapters, and certification assignments or tasks.
The module tasks are a series of small assignments that are meant to grow your confidence and skill in a variety of antenatal topics.
Students are able to “test the waters”of CBE course development, components of educational communication, and community outreach considerations.
Step #2: Rock your core assignments!
For the CBE CORE Certification assignments students will:
- 3 reading review assignments with accompanying texts of your choosing.
- Completion of 10 Educational Units in related topics (4 in chestfeeding)
- Complete a curriculum outline of their intended prenatal course/ workshop (this constitutes the practical exam component)
- Complete a proctored theoretical exam (online)
Students are provided a two year certification timeframe to complete all required assignments and tasks.
*Prices do not include tax. Students are responsible for purchasing their required readings (5 in total).
Our program will help you deepen your knowledge and experiences related to Childbirth Education, build your confidence as a teacher, and open doors for opportunities related to birth and postpartum work!
Total Cost: $600 + applicable taxes, one-time fee includes online modules, exam, mentorship, grading, and inclusion to Doula School communication and online events.
$60-80 approximate cost for required readings
$100 approximate cost for Educational Unit credits
Total cost to become a Perinatal Educator, approximately, $700*
*Cost does not include applicable tax. Educational unit pricing is individual and can be less or more of the estimated cost.
- Canadian developed, internationally focused
- No annual membership or renewal fees
- A dedicated team that takes time with each student as requested
- Our mandate is to create only the most confident doulas and childbirth educators
- A passionate family of thousands of Doulas and CBEs who are available 24/7 via our online community
- Self study start and In-class options available
- Online access to resources, learning modules, and continuing education
- Collaborations that facilitate international connections at home and abroad
- One time fee of $600 plus applicable taxes
- Minimum deposit due at time of registration if student does not choose to pay in full, balance can be made in instalments (3 or 6 month option available at time of registration); students are invoiced once a month for instalments and must login and pay within 10 days time.
- Self directed. Start and finish at your own pace.
- All deposits are Non-refundable. Please read our cancellation policy prior to registering.
*applicable taxes not included in base fee*
*Please note: Please review our COVID19 policy as we cannot guarantee that in-person workshops will take place. Our team is closely monitoring the provincial/ territorial regulations at this time but are also subject to venue regulations or expectations. Should an in-person be postponed we will do our best to reschedule it at a safe time for all. Our strict cancellation policy will still apply and members should continue working on their online core curriculum and can choose to either wait for an in-person workshop in their area or take part in one of our many live/ virtual trainings.
You can choose to start this course this online!