Yoga Tools for Birth Professionals is a course designed for doulas, midwives, nurses, doctors, massage therapists, and anyone else who supports prenatal and postnatal people. You will come away from this 4 module course with;
- A better understanding at how a regular yoga practice can benefit prenatal and postnatal people holistically
- Poses and movements to relieve common pregnancy discomforts
- Yoga beyond the physical poses
- Tools you can use to support your clients
- Contraindications and cautions during pregnancy
- How to apply yoga philosophy during pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period
- The value of mindfulness
This course is NOT a certification to become a Prenatal or Postnatal Yoga Teacher and facilitate public classes. You will be able to recommend poses, meditation, breathing exercises, and more to your clients with an understanding of the proper application. Each week has a “Reflection of the week” and it is recommended that you complete this in addition to the course material. Recommended readings are optional and can be completed at a later date.
WEEK ONE: What is yoga?
WEEK TWO: The benefits of yoga during pregnancy.
WEEK THREE: Yoga during birth.
WEEK FOUR: Yoga for parenthood.
Even though this is an online course it is important for you to have your questions answered as they come up and a place to discuss client cases and have clarity around your role when it comes to nutrition and support. Doula Canada and Angela Jackson will provide an online forum where you can post questions and receive answers. If the questions are more of a private nature you may email Angela Jackson directly for one on one support as it pertains to course content.
Angela is a certified Birth and Postnatal Doula with Doula Training Canada. She is also a certified Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher and Fitness Specialist. Angela has a Business degree from Western University and made a career change after the birth of her two children.
Angela began practicing yoga in 2000 and truly discovered the practice beyond the physical aspects while living and working in Costa Rica while her mother battled cancer. After her mother’s passing, Angela decided she wanted to pursue what she believes to be her life’s duty supporting prenatal and postnatal people and their families. Angela feels strongly that yoga and the transformative time during pregnancy and birth are extremely intertwined. Angela began teaching Prenatal and Postnatal yoga and grew a community for over 11 years. She has been facilitating Yoga Teacher Trainings since 2013 in Ontario and Nova Scotia. As a doula, she uses her yoga background to support her clients physically and emotionally.
Angela lives in Oakville, Ontario with her partner and their two children. She also enjoys being outdoors in nature, sports, coaching rugby, skiing in the winter, and lake time in the summer.
- One time fee of $175 CAN plus applicable taxes
- Payment can be made by Credit card, PayPal, or Email Money Transfer. More details on this will be sent when registration is processed.
- Students are responsible for the purchase of any required readings, if applicable.
- All payments are Non-refundable. Please read our cancellation policy prior to registering.
*applicable taxes not included in base fee*