Our Childbirth Educator (CBE) program provides a comprehensive and engaging educational experience meant to prepare you as a strong educator in your community!
Our collegiate designed program offers the opportunity to learn pedagogical skills, gain confidence as an adult educator, and become an expert in antenatal topics that you will share with your clients and community.
By the end of our program you will have a specifically designed prenatal curriculum that you have designed specifically for your community.
If you are ready to show your teaching skills to the world…. CBE is for you!
Step #1 of our CBE curriculum is the CBE Kickstarter; a series of small assignments that are meant to grow your confidence and skill in a variety of antenatal topics.
Students are able to “test the waters”of CBE course development, components of educational communication, and community outreach considerations.
Please note: students must have purchased and be working towards the completion of our CBE Kickstarter Packet. Kickstarter and the CBE Certification packet can be registered for at the same time (highly recommended).
Welcome to Step #2 of the CBE Certification process!
For the CBE Certification packet students will:
- Complete a one (1) day CBE workshop in a city of their choosing with one of our CBE Expert Trainers, or request a one-on-one online workshop (total 10 hours)
- Complete 6 CBE Curriculum assignments with accompanying texts*
- Completion of 10 Educational Units in related topics (4 in breastfeeding)
- Complete a curriculum outline of their intended prenatal course/ workshop
- Complete a proctored theoretical exam (online)
Students are provided a two year certification timeframe to complete CBE Kickstarter and CBE Certification Packets.
COST OF CBE CERTIFICATION PACKET is $225* CAN
*Prices do not include tax. Students are responsible for purchasing their required readings (5 in total).
Our program will help you deepen your knowledge and experiences related to Childbirth Education, build your confidence as a teacher, and open doors for opportunities related to birth and postpartum work!
$225* cost for CBE Kickstarter packet
$225* cost for CBE Certification packet
$150 approximate cost for required readings
$100 approximate cost for Educational Unit credits
Total cost to become a Childbirth Educator, approximately, $700*
*Cost does not include applicable tax. Educational unit pricing is individual and can be less or more of the estimated cost.
- Canadian developed, internationally focused
- No annual membership or renewal fees
- A dedicated team that takes time with each student as requested
- Our mandate is to create only the most confident doulas and childbirth educators
- A passionate family of thousands of Doulas and CBEs who are available 24/7 via our online community
- Self study start and In-class options available
- Online access to resources, learning modules, and continuing education
- Collaborations that facilitate international connections at home and abroad
- One time fee of $450 plus applicable taxes
- Minimum deposit due at time of registration if student does not choose to pay in full, balance can be made in instalments (3 or 6 month option available at time of registration); student can begin once 50% has been finalized.
- A $50 late fee will be applied to registrations and/or payment received less than 14 days before training.
- Payment can be made by Credit card, PayPal, or Email Money Transfer. More details on this will be sent when registration is processed.
- Self study start is available. Don’t see an in-class training in your area? Begin at any time with our online modules and join an in-class when you can.
- All deposits are Non-refundable. Please read our cancellation policy prior to registering.
*applicable taxes not included in base fee*
You can choose to start this course this online!
Register today and receive your course-pack and access to our vibrant online community. Our new Learning System will relaunch by the end of May 2018 and any registrants will receive access and further details. Exciting!