The official Labour and Birth Doula training for Douglas College, in New Westminster British Columbia.
Doula Canada is pleased to be partnering with Douglas College to bring quality doula training to BC that focusses on perinatal care in Canada.
The two-day Douglas College doula training workshop is the first step toward certification with Doula Canada.
Students who attend the Douglas College session will be considered “Trained Doulas,” but not in a certification stream. Fees are paid directly to Douglas College at the time of registration for their upcoming training dates.
Registrants who complete the two day training may then choose to move forward with certification and can apply for membership and certifcation with Doula Canada.
$400 (includes course/resource materials); payable to Douglas College
(see registration button below)
For further details, or to register: phone 604.527.5472
Ask for CRN 31442
There are no prerequisites to take this program.
For more information, please contact
Sharron L. Gibbs, FACCE, LCCE, CD DONA,
Perinatal Program Coordinator, Continuing Education, Faculty of Health Sciences
CE/Perinatal Program Assistant – Faculty of Health Sciences
- Access to our Find a Doula feature, and increased client attention
- Collaboration with industry participants and community stakeholders
- Internationally focused opportunities abroad for those interested
- No annual membership or renewal fees
- A dedicated team that takes time with each student as requested
- Our mandate is to create only the most confident doulas and childbirth educators
- A passionate family of thousands of Doulas and CBEs who are available 24/7 via our online community
- Online access to resources, learning modules, and continuing education
Each doula student has 2 years to complete the following certification requirements:
- Complete the 14 designated course modules (onsite workshop and self study start)
- Obtain 16 approved Educational Units and provide a written summary about your experience (6 EUs of which must be in breastfeeding related topics)
- Certification in Standard First Aid and CPR level C (counts for EUs)
- Provide birth support to THREE families and submit evaluations from the families, as well as a written summary of how you supported (in your words)
- Achieve a minimum grade of 85% on our online mid-term exam
- Complete 5 required readings, with a one page review
- Complete 5 community or topical assignments and 2 business mandated projects
- Achieve a minimum grade of 85% on an online final examination (proctored)
Cost of educational units and books are not included in registration fee.
Doula Canada does not charge any outside fees, membership fees or recertification fees.
- One time fee of $150 plus applicable taxes
- Payment can be made by Credit card, PayPal, or Email Money Transfer. More details on this will be sent when registration is processed.
- All fees are Non-refundable. Please read our cancellation policy prior to registering.
*applicable taxes not included in base fee*