I have to tell you the content in this course is amazing!!!
My time to devote to the training is pretty limited right now so I was trying to just push through it but it’s so valuable that I’m taking the time to stop and really work through the exercises and questions.
When you choose to become a Dual Stream student with Doula Canada you enter a unique certification stream specifically designed to allow for our students to complete our program as a Labour Doula AND a Postpartum Doula.
WHY do many of our members choose this option?
- Comprehensive certification requirements without repetitive content
- A cost and time saving process (save approximately $450 saved)
- Thorough and experienced mentorship via phone or email anytime
- A full-bodied approach to building your client list in both streams
- Online access to instructors and students coast-to-coast
- 4 years of certificates in a 2 year timeframe (or less if you are feeling ambitious!)
- A one-time membership fee (no bi-annual renewal costs!)
There are 12 core modules in total for the Dual Stream program.
Students can begin at any time and work at their own pace. Assignments are reviewed by our team as you progress and we offer feedback and support through your certification journey!
Our comprehensive course curriculum and highly experienced mentors will help you deepen your knowledge about doula essentials, such as:
- Effective communication in the doula profession
- Childbirth physiology and the birthing process
- Natural coping mechanisms and how to provide additional support for a natural childbirth
- Medical options and how to support in a hospital or home birth environment
- Holistic support solutions and how to provide community supports
- Postpartum physiology and the recovery process
- Postpartum relationships, nutrition for the family, and healthy habits
- Providing breastfeeding support and other feeding options
- Postpartum mood concerns and support
- Supporting infants and families with unique needs
- Creating successful doula business practices, contracts, and client relations
- And so much more!
Instant access to your online modules and learning materials as soon as your registration is processed.
Each member has 2 years to complete the following certification requirements:
- Complete all designated online modules
- Obtain 20 approved Educational Units and provide a written summary about your experience (6 EUs must be in infant feeding related topics)
- Provide birth AND postpartum support to THREE families and submit evaluations from the families (form provided by DTC)
- Achieve a minimum grade of 80% on all module quizzes
- Complete 6 required readings, with a one page review of each
- Complete 6 community related assignments
- 2 business mandated projects (one verbal, one online presence)
- Achieve a minimum grade of 80% on an online final examination (proctored)
Cost of educational units and books are not included in registration fee.
Doula Canada does not charge any outside fees, membership fees or recertification fees.
Our Dual Stream program is set at a one-time membership and certification fee of $800 (+ tax) for full certification.
*We do not charge annual membership or renewal fees. This is a ONE TIME fee.
Your tuition fee will cover:
- Student reference guide material and certification packets (online)
- Access to online learning modules, resources, and continuing education options
- Exam fees
- Assignment grading and review
- Instructor fee (in-person workshops, 16 hours total)
- Online and phone mentorship (as requested)
- Administrative costs
- Alumni package and shipping upon completion of program
- Membership into an exciting Canadian peer network!
The cost of required readings (6 total) and the cost of educational unit workshops for EU credits are additional costs to the student.
Approximate costs for books: $100-150 (check libraries for free copies!)
Approximate costs for EU workshops: $150 to $300 (there are many free options).
- Canadian developed, internationally focused and practiced
- No annual membership or renewal fees
- A dedicated and highly experienced team that takes time with each student, as requested
- A mandate is to create only the most confident doulas and childbirth educators
- A passionate family of thousands of Doulas and CBEs who are available 24/7 via our online community
- Self Study start and or Workshop start options available
- Online access to updated resources, learning modules, and continuing education
- Collaborations that facilitate international connections at home and abroad
- Recognition by associations, insurance companies (liability and employee benefits), our diverse membership, and industry stakeholders. We get things done at DTC!
- One time Dual Stream fee of $800 plus applicable taxes applies.*
- Minimum deposit due at time of registration if student does not choose to pay in full, balance can be made in instalments (3 or 6 month option available at time of registration); student can begin once 50% has been finalized.
- A $50 late fee may be applied to registrations and/or payment received less than 14 days before an in-class training.
- A $150 fee will be invoiced if a member registers for a workshop but chooses to cancel with less than 30 days notice or does not show up to the event.
- Payment can be made by credit card, PayPal, or email money transfer.
- Self study start is available. Don’t see an in-class training in your area? Begin at any time with our online modules and join an in-class when you can. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All fees are non-refundable. Doula Canada practices a strict cancellation policy in order to safeguard our learning materials and ensure the integrity of our programs is upheld. Please read our cancellation policy prior to registering.
*applicable taxes not included in base fee*
You can choose to start this course this online!
Register today and receive instant access to your online modules and our vibrant international community.
Upcoming Training Dates & Locations
If you would like to take the booster workshop (in-class training) please choose from the following available dates of either our Labour Doula OR Postpartum Doula courses. You may choose the ‘Dual Stream’ ticket option ($800).
By making this selection you will be choosing the first course you would like to attend with DTC. If you choose to do an in-person course for the second component of your certification we would be happy to add you to an upcoming training day by receiving your request at email@example.com. No additional fees apply when you request to join a workshop at a later date in time.