I have to tell you the content in this course is amazing!!!
My time to devote to the training is pretty limited right now so I was trying to just push through it but it’s so valuable that I’m taking the time to stop and really work through the exercises and questions.
When you choose to become a Dual Stream student with Doula Canada you enter a unique certification stream specifically designed to allow for our students to complete our program as a Labour Doula AND a Postpartum Doula.*
WHY do many of our members choose this option?
- Comprehensive certification requirements without repetitive content
- A cost and time saving process (save approximately $350 saved)
- Thorough and experienced mentorship via phone or email
- Access to a virtual or in-person training for EACH of your programs
- No additional exam fees
- A full-bodied approach to building your client list in both streams
- Online access to instructors and students coast-to-coast
- 4 years of certificates in a 2 year timeframe (or less; programs are designed as 3-6 month programs at 4-8 hours per module)
- A one-time membership fee (no bi-annual renewal costs!)*Dual Stream is typically Labour Doula and Postpartum Doula, however a person may register for any TWO programs of their choice. Simply make a note in the COMMENTS section of your registration form and our team will take it from there!
There are 12 core modules in total for the Dual Stream program.
Students can begin at any time and work at their own pace. Assignments are reviewed by our team as you progress and we offer feedback and support through your certification journey!
Our programs aims to be culturally aware, inclusive and diverse.
Our comprehensive course curriculum and highly experienced mentors will help you deepen your knowledge about doula essentials, such as:
- Effective communication in the doula profession
- Childbirth physiology and the birthing process
- Natural coping mechanisms and how to provide additional support for a natural childbirth
- Medical options and how to support in a hospital or home birth environment
- Holistic support solutions and how to provide community supports
- Postpartum physiology and the recovery process
- Postpartum relationships, nutrition for the family, and healthy habits
- Providing breastfeeding support and other feeding options
- Postpartum mood concerns and support
- Supporting infants and families with unique needs
- Advocacy and client-directed support
- Creating successful doula business practices, contracts, and client relations
- And so much more!
Instant access to your online modules and learning materials as soon as your registration is processed.
Each member has 2 years to complete the following certification requirements, with the option of a one year extension:
- Complete all designated online modules
- Obtain 20 approved Educational Units and provide a written summary about your experience (6 EUs must be in infant feeding related topics)
- Provide birth AND postpartum support to THREE families and submit evaluations from the families (form provided by DTC). Virtual and in-person support are recognized. Students have alternate option/s during this time to complete their practicum (at students discretion)
- Achieve a minimum grade of 80% on all module quizzes
- Complete 3 readings of your choosing, with a one page review of each
- Complete 6 community related assignments
- 2 business projects (one verbal, one online presence)
- Achieve a minimum grade of 80% on an online final examination (proctored)
Cost of educational units and books are not included in registration fee.
Doula Canada does not charge any outside fees, membership fees or recertification fees.
Our Dual Stream program is set at a one-time membership and certification fee of $850 (+ tax) for full certification.
*We do not charge annual membership or renewal fees. This is a ONE TIME fee.
Your tuition fee will cover:
- Student reference guide material and certification packets (online)
- Access to online learning modules, resources, and continuing education options
- Exam fees
- Assignment grading and review
- Instructor fee (in-person workshops, 16 hours total)
- Online and phone mentorship (as requested)
- Administrative costs
- Alumni package and shipping upon completion of program
- Membership into an exciting Canadian peer network!
The cost of required readings (6 total) and the cost of educational unit workshops for EU credits are additional costs to the student.
Approximate costs for books: $60-80 (check libraries for free copies!)
Approximate costs for EU workshops: $150 to $300 (there are many free options).
- Canadian developed, internationally focused and practiced
- No annual membership or renewal fees
- A dedicated and highly experienced team that takes time with each student, as requested
- A mandate is to create only the most confident doulas and childbirth educators
- A passionate family of thousands of Doulas and CBEs who are available 24/7 via our online community
- Self Study start and or Workshop start options available
- Online access to updated resources, learning modules, and continuing education
- Collaborations that facilitate international connections at home and abroad
- Recognition by associations, insurance companies (liability and employee benefits), our diverse membership, and industry stakeholders. We get things done at DTC!
- One time Dual Stream fee of $850 plus applicable taxes applies.*
- Minimum deposit due at time of registration if student does not choose to pay in full, balance can be made in instalments (3 or 6 month option available at time of registration); instalments are billed monthly and students must login and pay with 10 days.
- A $150 fee will be invoiced if a member registers for a workshop but chooses to cancel with less than 30 days notice or does not show up to the event.
- Payment can be made by credit card, PayPal, or email money transfer.
- Self study start is available. Don’t see an in-class training in your area? Begin at any time with our online modules and join an in-class when you can. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All fees are non-refundable. Doula Canada practices a strict cancellation policy in order to safeguard our learning materials and ensure the integrity of our programs is upheld. Please read our cancellation policy prior to registering.
*applicable taxes not included in base fee*
*Please note: Please review our COVID19 policy as we cannot guarantee that in-person workshops will take place. Our team is closely monitoring the provincial/ territorial regulations at this time but are also subject to venue regulations or expectations. Should an in-person be postponed we will do our best to reschedule it at a safe time for all. Our strict cancellation policy will still apply and members should continue working on their online core curriculum and can choose to either wait for an in-person workshop in their area or take part in one of our many live/ virtual trainings.
Doula Canada cannot guarantee that scheduled in person workshops will take place. Due to the changing regulations and restrictions in each province and venue workshops may have to be postponed at the last minute.
If a workshop is postponed all registered members may take part in a preferred virtual session of their choice in order to move forward in their certification and participate in a in person workshop when it can next be safely rescheduled.
There are no reimbursements on programs if a workshop is cancelled. We appreciate your understanding that our team at DTC is doing our best to ensure we create a dynamic and safe opportunity to learn.
Join Doula Canada for two days of virtual learning!
Our certification programs are now live and online. Dynamic, engaging, and 100% from the comfort of your own safe space!
The online workshops cover all of the materials covered in our typical two day “in-person” workshop and will allow our members the opportunity to sit and hold space with our experienced team of instructors. Members will also receive a file of DTC made tutorial videos on a variety of techniques and tips!
Workshop will be held via Zoom or Google Classroom. Login details will be sent the week prior to the Virtual Workshop date.
Regular certification rates apply and members can request to join a physical in-person workshop when we are next in their area (no additional cost applies).
*Those who register for the Dual Stream (Labour Doula, Postpartum Doula) will take part in 2 separate virtual trainings.
*Those who register for the Triple Stream (Labour Doula, Postpartum Doula, and Educator) will take part in 3 separate virtual trainings.
OR you may want to consider our 12 Week Perinatal Intensive! 12 weeks of online learning, live webinars (1 per week), and deep mentoring along the way.
If you have questions, concerns, wish to switch to a virtual session, or wish to be placed on a postponement/ reschedule list please email email@example.com
You can choose to start this course this online!
Register today and receive instant access to your online modules and our vibrant international community.
Upcoming Training Dates & Locations
If you would like to save your space for an upcoming booster workshop (in-class OR virtual training, with certificate) please choose from the following available dates of either our Labour Doula OR Postpartum Doula courses. You may then choose the ‘Dual Stream’ ticket option to register in that stream ($850).
By making this selection you will be choosing the first course you would like to attend with DTC. If you choose to do an in-person course for the second component of your certification we would be happy to add you to an upcoming training day by receiving your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. No additional fees apply when you request to join a workshop at a later date in time.