I have to tell you the content in this course is amazing!!!
My time to devote to the training is pretty limited right now so I was trying to just push through it but it’s so valuable that I’m taking the time to stop and really work through the exercises and questions.
When you choose to become a Dual Stream student with Doula Canada you enter a unique certification stream specifically designed to allow for our students to complete our program as a Labour Doula AND a Postpartum Doula.
WHY are many students choosing this option?
- Comprehensive certification requirements without repetition
- A cost and time saving process (save approximately $450 long term)
- Thorough and experienced mentorship
- A full-bodied approach to building your client list in both streams
- Online access to instructors and students coast-to-coast
- 4 years of certificates in a 2 year timeframe (or less if you are feeling ambitious!)
Our comprehensive course curriculum and highly experienced mentors will help you deepen your knowledge about labour and birth doula essentials such as:
- Effective communication in the doula profession
- Childbirth physiology and the birthing process
- Natural coping mechanisms and how to provide additional support for a natural childbirth
- Medical options and how to support in a hospital or home birth environment
- Holistic support solutions and how to provide community supports
- Postpartum physiology and the recovery process
- Postpartum relationships, nutrition for the family, and healthy habits
- Providing breastfeeding support and other feeding options
- Postpartum mood concerns and support
- Supporting infants and families with unique needs
- Creating successful doula business practices, contracts, and client relations
- And so much more!
Each doula student has 2 years to complete the following certification requirements:
- Complete all designated online course modules (onsite workshop and self study start)
- Obtain 20 approved Educational Units and provide a written summary about your experience (6 EUs of which must be in breastfeeding related topics)
- Certification in Standard First Aid and CPR level C (counts for EUs)
- Provide birth support to THREE families and submit evaluations from the families, as well as a written summary of how you supported (in your words)
- Achieve a minimum grade of 80% on all module quizzes
- Complete 6 required readings, with a one page review
- Complete 6 community or topical assignments and 2 business mandated projects
- Achieve a minimum grade of 85% on an online final examination (proctored)
Cost of educational units and books are not included in registration fee.
Doula Canada does not charge any outside fees, membership fees or recertification fees.
Our Dual Stream program is set at a one-time membership and certification fee of $800 (+ tax) for full certification.
We do not charge annual membership or renewal fees.
The cost of required readings (6 total) and the cost of educational unit workshops for EU credits are additional costs to the student.
Approximate costs for books: $100-150
Approximate costs for EU workshops: $150 to $300 (there are many free options).
Our one time fee covers:
- Student reference guides and certification packets
- Exam fees
- Assignment grading
- Instructor fee
- Online and phone mentorship (as requested)
- Administrative costs
- Certificate shipping of completion
- Membership into an exciting Canadian peer network
- Access to online learning modules, resources, and continuing education options
- Canadian developed, internationally focused
- No annual membership or renewal fees
- A dedicated team that takes time with each student as requested
- Our mandate is to create only the most confident doulas and childbirth educators
- A passionate family of thousands of Doulas and CBEs who are available 24/7 via our online community
- Self study start and In-class options available
- Online access to resources, learning modules, and continuing education
- Collaborations that facilitate international connections at home and abroad
- One time Dual Stream fee of $800 plus applicable taxes
- Minimum deposit due at time of registration if student does not choose to pay in full, balance can be made in instalments (3 or 6 month option available at time of registration); student can begin once 50% has been finalized.
- A $50 late fee will be applied to registrations and/or payment received less than 14 days before training.
- Payment can be made by Credit card, PayPal, or Email Money Transfer. More details on this will be sent when registration is processed.
- Self study start is available. Don’t see an in-class training in your area? Begin at any time with our online modules and join an in-class when you can.
- All deposits are Non-refundable. Please read our cancellation policy prior to registering.
*applicable taxes not included in base fee*
You can choose to start this course this online!
Register today and receive your course-pack and access to our vibrant online community. Our new online modules will relaunch by the end of May 2018. Details will be sent to all registrants shortly – exciting!
Upcoming Training Dates & Locations
If you would like to take in-person training please choose from the following available dates of either our Labour Doula or Postpartum Doula courses. You may choose the ‘dual stream’ ticket option ($800).
You will be choosing the first course you take with us. If you choose to do an in-person course for the second certification we can add you to an upcoming training day. You will also have the option to complete it online as you will also be granted access to our online course material when you take an in-person class with us.