DTC is an internationally trained and recognized organization!
By request we will be planning and hosting trainings in Ireland, Costa Rica, and India in 2019 and 2020.
Interested in hosting Doula Canada in your great nation?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will begin to collaborate in an effort to make it happen.
Canadian developed, internationally focused!
Our trainers have worked with families and clinics around the world.
- Our trainers have over 20 years of combined experience navigating the doula world, both in their home countries and in countries abroad.
- Our team offers wisdom and skills for creating a successful doula career.
- We have degrees in anthropological, sociological, and counselling foundations which ensures that our methods and lessons are mindful of creating compassionate support models that are culturally appropriate and respectful.
- We offer a one-time fee to each member, which ensures that annual or recertification fees will not hinder future support or inclusion with DTC.
- Our amazing community of international doulas are always prepared to assist with peer feedback and support!
Our doulas work through practical, hands-on, modalities and lessons during our comprehensive and inclusive training. This is a training that is sure to prepare you for supporting clients, no matter what country you reside.
We also offer:
- A dedicated team that takes time with each student as requested
- Culturally appropriate and curated materials, alongside the standard foundations of compassionate doula support
- A shared mission to create only the most confident doulas and childbirth educators
- A passionate family of hundreds of Doulas and CBEs who are available 24/7 via our online community
- Online access to resources, learning modules, and continuing education
- Collaborations that facilitate international connections at home and abroad
Some of the essential topics covered in all of our expert trainings include:
- The benefits of compassionate support; evidence-based approach
- Physiology, psychology, and support models to facilitate strong families
- Scope of practice for doulas and childbirth educators
- Breastfeeding and Feeding Solutions and best support practices
- Mood concerns and community resources
- Newborn care and procedures
- Creating success in your new business
- Becoming a confident doula or educator; unique skill sets and you
- And so much more!
Doula Canada will aim to minimize international student costs. Fees will be based on the type of training (see those listed below) and will be charged in Canadian dollars.
Our organization reserves the right to set a minimum number of registrants required to host any training (please see notes for each specific training).
Requests to host a training below the international minimum may result in increased fees, as discussed with the host of the requested of training.
Important fee information:
- No annual renewal fees for international students
- Books and educational unit costs may not included
- $50 administrative cost will apply to any students wishing to have their course materials mailed outside of Canada prior to their in-class workshop
- One time fee includes all workshop learning materials, access to online materials or paper assignment requirements, exam and assignment administration and marking, instructor fee, administrative costs, certificate shipping, membership into an exciting peer network, mentorship, and all our tools for learning fun!
Depending on the program you wish to certify under, some or all of the following certification requirements may be expected:
- Attend in class training or choose to being through our self study start option. We create choices for beginning your journey with DTC!
- Written exams – done online for all programs
- Practical exams (for CBE program only)
- Educational units expectations (across all programs, varied expectations depending on your chosen program or stream); retreat streams include all EU expectations
- Practical support to three families with supported evaluations (labour doula, postpartum doula, dual stream, triple stream)
- Required readings with report (number of readings depend on your chosen program, typically 5 or 6)
- Projects and assignments (all courses have a series of assignments (5 to 6) and projects (2) that must be completed)
- One time fee is applied to each individual registration and is dependent on the location and type of training
- Payment plans are available and must be paid in full prior to the event. All instalments must be made within 10 days of each monthly emailed invoice and are all payments are non-refundable
- $150 deposit due at time of registration, balance can be made in instalments
- A $50 late fee will be applied to registrations and/or payment received less than 14 days before training.
- Payment can be made by Credit card, PayPal, or Email Money Transfer. More details on this will be sent when registration is processed.
- Self study start is available. Don’t see an in-class training in your area? Begin at any time with our online modules and join an in-class when you can.
*applicable taxes not included in base fee*