Our Labour and Birth Doula certification program will deepen your confidence in compassionate support and “best birth practices.”
Our one-of-a-kind demonstrations and mentorship will ensure that becoming a labour and birth doula is an exciting experience that will lead you to a rewarding career.
Our Doula Canada team is led by working doulas who know the commitment and dedication involved in supporting our communities. We provide significant mentorship, first-hand experience, and peer-to-peer support.
If these things speak to you, then becoming a labour and birth doula with Doula Canada is for you!
Our comprehensive course curriculum and highly experienced mentors will help you deepen your knowledge about labour and birth doula essentials such as:
- Effective communication in the doula profession
- Childbirth physiology and the birthing process
- Natural coping mechanisms and how to provide additional support for a natural childbirth
- Medical options and how to support in a hospital or home birth environment
- Postpartum warning signs and providing initial breastfeeding support
- Creating successful doula business practices, contracts, and client relations
- And so much more!
Each doula student has 2 years to complete the following certification requirements:
- Complete the all designated online course modules (onsite workshop and self study start)
- Obtain 16 approved Educational Units and provide a written summary about your experience (6 EUs of which must be in breastfeeding related topics)
- Certification in Standard First Aid and CPR level C (counts for EUs)
- Provide birth support to THREE families and submit evaluations from the families, as well as a written summary of how you supported (in your words)
- Achieve a minimum grade of 80% on all module quizzes
- Complete 5 required readings, with a one page review
- Complete 5 community or topical assignments and 2 business mandated projects
- Achieve a minimum grade of 85% on an online final examination (proctored)
Cost of educational units and books are not included in registration fee.
Doula Canada does not charge any outside fees, membership fees or recertification fees.
Our Labour Doula program is set at a one-time membership and certification fee of $500 (+ tax) for full certification.
We do not charge annual membership or renewal fees.
The cost of required readings (5 total) and the cost of educational unit workshops for EU credits are additional costs to the student.
Approximate costs for books: $100-150
Approximate costs for EU workshops: $150 to $300 (there are many free options).
Our one time fee covers:
- Student reference guide and certification packet
- Exam fees
- Assignment grading
- Instructor fee
- Online and phone mentorship (as requested)
- Administrative costs
- Certificate shipping of completion
- Membership into an exciting Canadian peer network
- Access to online learning modules, resources, and continuing education options
- Canadian developed, internationally focused
- No annual membership or renewal fees
- A dedicated team that takes time with each student as requested
- Our mandate is to create only the most confident doulas and childbirth educators
- A passionate family of thousands of Doulas and CBEs who are available 24/7 via our online community
- Self study start and In-class options available
- Online access to resources, learning modules, and continuing education
- Collaborations that facilitate international connections at home and abroad
- One time fee of $500 plus applicable taxes
- Minimum deposit due at time of registration if student does not choose to pay in full, balance can be made in instalments (3 or 6 month option available at time of registration); student can begin once 50% has been finalized.
- A $50 late fee will be applied to registrations and/or payment received less than 14 days before training.
- Payment can be made by Credit card, PayPal, or Email Money Transfer. More details on this will be sent when registration is processed.
- Self study start is available. Don’t see an in-class training in your area? Begin at any time with our online modules and join an in-class when you can.
- All deposits are Non-refundable. Please read our cancellation policy prior to registering.
*applicable taxes not included in base fee*
You can choose to start this course this online!