If you love to support others, without the on call schedule then our Postpartum Doula training is for you!
Our postpartum doula program is sure to deepen your knowledge and your confidence in supporting families in the early transitions of welcoming a new baby.
Our comprehensive course curriculum and highly experienced mentors will help you deepen your knowledge about postpartum doula essentials such as:
- Effective communication in the doula profession
- Postpartum physiology and the recovery process
- Holistic support solutions and how to provide community supports
- Postpartum relationships, nutrition for the family, and healthy habits
- Providing breastfeeding support and other feeding options
- Postpartum mood concerns and support
- Supporting infants and families with unique needs
- Advocacy and client-directed care
- Creating successful doula business practices, contracts, and client relations
- And so much more!
Each doula student has 2 years to complete the following certification requirements:
- Complete all designated online course modules (onsite workshop and self study start)
- Obtain 10 approved Educational Units and provide a written summary about your experience (4 of which must be in chestfeeding related topics)
- Provide support to THREE families and submit evaluations from the families, as well as a written summary of how you supported (in your words). Virtual and in person support is recognized. Students may choose to do an alternate assignment at this time to complete their practicum (at students discretion).
- Achieve a minimum grade of 80% on all module quizzes
- Complete 3 readings of your choosing, with a one page review
- Complete 5 community or topical assignments and 2 business mandated projects
- Achieve a minimum grade of 85% on an online final examination (proctored)
Cost of educational units and books are not included in registration fee.
Doula Canada does not charge any outside fees, membership fees or recertification fees.
Our programs aim to be culturally aware, inclusive, and diverse.
Our Postpartum Doula program is set at a one-time membership and certification fee of $550 (+ tax) for full certification.
We do not charge annual membership or renewal fees.
The cost of required readings (5 total) and the cost of educational unit workshops for EU credits are additional costs to the student.
Approximate costs for books: $60-80
Approximate costs for EU workshops: $150 to $300 (there are many free options).
Our one time fee covers:
- Student reference guide and certification packet
- Exam fees
- Assignment grading
- Instructor fee
- Online and phone mentorship (as requested)
- Inclusion in a workshop for your program (virtual or in-person)
- Administrative costs
- Certificate shipping of completion
- Membership into an exciting Canadian peer network
- Access to online learning modules, resources, and continuing education options
*Please note: Please review our COVID19 policy as we cannot guarantee that in-person workshops will take place. Our team is closely monitoring the provincial/ territorial regulations at this time but are also subject to venue regulations or expectations. Should an in-person be postponed we will do our best to reschedule it at a safe time for all. Our strict cancellation policy will still apply and members should continue working on their online core curriculum and can choose to either wait for an in-person workshop in their area or take part in one of our many live/ virtual trainings.
- Canadian developed, internationally focused
- No annual membership or renewal fees
- A dedicated team that takes time with each student as requested
- Our mandate is to create only the most confident doulas and childbirth educators
- A passionate family of thousands of Doulas and CBEs who are available 24/7 via our online community
- Self study start and In-class options available
- Online access to resources, learning modules, and continuing education
- Collaborations that facilitate international connections at home and abroad
- One time fee of $550 plus applicable taxes
- Minimum deposit due at time of registration if student does not choose to pay in full, balance can be made in instalments (3 or 6 month option available at time of registration); students are invoiced once a month and must login and pay within 10 days.
- Payment can be made by Credit card, PayPal, or Email Money Transfer. More details on this will be sent when registration is processed.
- Self study start is available. Don’t see an in-class training in your area? Begin at any time with our online modules and join an in-class when you can.
- All deposits are Non-refundable. Please read our cancellation policy prior to registering.
*applicable taxes not included in base fee*
Doula Canada cannot guarantee that scheduled in person workshops will take place. Due to the changing regulations and restrictions in each province and venue workshops may have to be postponed at the last minute.
If a workshop is postponed all registered members may take part in a preferred virtual session of their choice in order to move forward in their certification and participate in a in person workshop when it can next be safely rescheduled.
There are no reimbursements on programs if a workshop is cancelled. We appreciate your understanding that our team at DTC is doing our best to ensure we create a dynamic and safe opportunity to learn.
Join Doula Canada for two days of virtual learning!
Our certification programs are now live and online. Dynamic, engaging, and 100% from the comfort of your own safe space!
The online workshops cover all of the materials covered in our typical two day “in-person” workshop and will allow our members the opportunity to sit and hold space with our experienced team of instructors. Members will also receive a file of DTC made tutorial videos on a variety of techniques and tips!
Workshop will be held via Zoom or Google Classroom. Login details will be sent the week prior to the Virtual Workshop date.
Regular certification rates apply and members can request to join a physical in-person workshop when we are next in their area (no additional cost applies).
*Those who register for the Dual Stream (Labour Doula, Postpartum Doula) will take part in 2 separate virtual trainings.
*Those who register for the Triple Stream (Labour Doula, Postpartum Doula, and Educator) will take part in 3 separate virtual trainings.
OR you may want to consider our 12 Week Perinatal Intensive! 12 weeks of online learning, live webinars (1 per week), and deep mentoring along the way.
If you have questions, concerns, wish to switch to a virtual session, or wish to be placed on a postponement/ reschedule list please email email@example.com
You can choose to start this course this online!