- Students new to DTC as of October 1, 2022 will have the cost of up to $1,000,000 ($96 cost) in liability insurance (pending application approval) covered under their DTC registration.
- Students may choose to purchase additional insurance coverage of either $2,000,000 ($31, plus applicable tax) OR $5,000,000 ($66, plus applicable tax).
- The following provides information about purchasing professional liability and commercial liability insurance. The formal application form will be sent to you via email following the completion of your purchase.
- Annual liability insurance runs from November 1-October 31 of each year and is pro-rated each quarter.
- In registering for insurance via DTC you have reviewed and agreed to DTC’s mission statement, familiarized yourself with our Professional Code of Ethical Conduct, and Practice Guidelines, and agreed to all Terms & Conditions.
- As a student or alumni of DTC you agree to uphold collaborative professionalism at all times. This includes professional conduct towards clients, staff of DTC, other student or alumni members of DTC, non-members, DTC administration, and any persons who you may be speaking to as a representative of DTC or of the doula profession.
This purchase is for persons who do not currently have professional liability insurance, do not reside in the provinces of Ontario or Alberta, and who registered for training at Doula Training Canada AFTER October 1, 2022.
If you are in the provinces of Ontario or Alberta please contact your local doula association to speak to them about available rates for your province.
Once you have purchased your application fee you will receive an email with the required insurance application form. A DTC and LMS ProLink representative will review your application and contact you if any questions should arise.
Please expect that it may take approximately 4 weeks to review your application and send your electronic confirmation of insurance and insurance policy documents.
Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not email to enquire about the status of your application or your documents unless it has been more than 4 weeks since you applied.