Supporting clients and their families through complicated experiences can be a part of a birth workers and postpartum support persons journey.
The topics discussed in this online training will deepen your knowledge and your confidence to support clients in a variety of vulnerable situations and experiences.
The workshop has been designed to raise awareness of lesser known complications during labour and birth, but also develops support solutions for complications that may present themselves following the birth of baby.
Some of the topics to be discussed:
* Medical conditions and labour support
* Pushing, birth and complications
* Postpartum complications and support models
* Infants and complicated births
* Non-physical support models
* Postpartum transitions after a complicated birth
* Developing our confidence to support in vulnerable situations