Registration closes one week before event. Please contact us for more information.
14 Week Holistic Doula I VIRTUAL I January 8, 2023 START
January 8, 2023$1,200.00
This 14 week program creates the opportunity for DTC members to hold space with an experienced team of instructors and to learn about the relational and holistic aspects of becoming a modern birth worker.
When you register for the 14 module Holistic Doula program you are registering to receive training in trauma-focused work, fertility, pregnancy, loss, labour support, postpartum support, infant feeding, and sex and body-positive frameworks that include the consideration of anatomical, physiologic, social, environmental, and diverse relationships. All of which form the essence and experience of being a modern birth worker with DTC.
This course includes:
– 10 scheduled LIVE webinars with experienced mentors and experts in their field (please see below)
– 12 core modules
– ongoing mentoring
– invitation to additional program events and ongoing DTC member discussions
– a life-time membership to DTC
– review and feedback on experiential and assignment components, as well as the inclusion of your final test fee
Meetings and modules will cover, but are not limited to:
- Community commitment, practice guidelines, jurisprudence, and ethical considerations
- Conception, pre-conception, fertility, family planning, and diverse family relationships
- Sex-positive and body-positive anatomy and physiology, which sex is a part of birth
- Pregnancy, preparing clients for labour, self-care and safety-planning
- Virtual versus in-person support considerations, and rural versus urban birth work experiences
- Trauma-informed principles for care and trauma-focused support + counselling skills for our own trauma reflections
- Comfort measures for birth, a top to bottom approach to adaptive response options for minimizing flight/fight/freeze/fawn and the sensation of pain
- The variations of informed consent and what it means in the space of communication and advocacy
- Anti-oppression, discrimination and decolonization of reproductive and sexual experiences
- Medical procedures, interventions & reproductive bias across systems of medical care
- Loss, grief & mourning: the multi-dimensional aspects of trauma and loss
- Compassion fatigue, burn out, and vicarious trauma: self care planning and personal reflection by birth support themselves
- Counselling skills, community of care models, & working with clients to support their needs, traditions, and cultural practices
- Business and non-business models of support
Materials and modules will become available on Sunday January 8th, 2022.
Webinars will be held each Wednesday’s at 7:30pm EST via Zoom (90 minute sessions) on the following dates:
- January 18
- January 25
- February 1
- February 8
- February 22
- March 1
- March 8
- March 15
- March 29
- April 5
- April 12
- April 19
Students must attend a minimum of 6 out of 10 live webinars to be recognized as having completed this program. Webinars will be recorded for playback purposes and sent to only registered members who have been provided the access to this course.
This course is for new registrants only. Those who have previously registered with DTC in either the Self Study (virtual) training or the in-person workshop option should continue in their studies under that format.
Students will have are offered 20 weeks to continue the full module expectations and to book their final exam. Students will be offered an additional 365 to complete their practicum and submit 3 client evaluations on their behalf. There are no required readings to purchase, as all course materials are provided through the online module system. Those who register recognize that to maintain membership with DTC all members are asked to submit a form and proof of continuing education every three (3) years following graduation. There is no fee to maintain membership with DTC, simply a form and documents supporting your EU experience.
Applications and registration open with LIMITED SPACE at this time.
Instalment plans are available via Sezzle or by discussing options with DTC staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. If this is not an available option to you please contact email@example.com to discuss other payment plan options with DTC. Our registration staff is happy to work with you to discuss Etransfer, PayPal, or Square payment preferences that we can support you with.