Registration closes one week before event. Please contact us for more information.
- This event has passed.
COSTA RICA I Labour & Postpartum Doula training I March 22-29
March 22 @ 8:00 am - March 29 @ 5:00 pm EDTFree
50+ HOURS LIVE TRAINING IN COSTA RICA
BIRTH + POSTPARTUM DOULA TRAINING
A dual-certificate training where you study as both a Birth and Postpartum Doula!
Join Doula Canada in Costa Rica for 50+ hours of Labour and Postpartum Doula training, plus a retreat that will provide connection, collaboration, and inspired passion!
For more information please visit our full Costa Rica Retreat Page.
Have you ever considered becoming a doula but find it hard to focus on studies in your ‘real’ life?
Maybe a Doula Retreat Training is right for YOU?!
We’re so excited to be sharing an incredible opportunity alongside of our collaborative colleagues, and special guest-trainers!
Become BOTH a Birth AND Postpartum Doula among the luscious jungles of Costa Rica from March 22-29, 2023.
Our Director, Shaunacy King, will lead this group and be joined by guest presenter Stefanie Antunes, co-founder of Discover Birth and The Doula School.
Stefanie and Shauancy will guide you through discussions about doula life and business at this wonderful 7-day retreat in the lush foothills of the Chirripo Mountain Reserve, sitting gracefully along the banks of the pristine Talari River in Costa Rica. The retreat resort, Finca Mia, is an enchanting jungle retreat offering many amenities, healing modalities, and an unforgettable experience.
Located at an elevation of 4000 ft, the cool nights and warm days make the climate at Finca Mia the perfect balance. Surrounded by rainforests for secluded tranquility, yet graced by a vibrant community, this healing retreat center is full of warmth, opportunity for self reflection, insight, and restful rejuvenation.
Our retreats are open to all birth workers, doulas, and persons inspired by the calling to support others.
Whether you’re an experienced traveller or a newbie who’s never had the chance to dip their toes in, this spot is for YOU. We will be staying at the incredible family-run FincaMia resort in Costa Rica. It’s known for it’s amazing views, first class accommodations, and welcoming people. This wonderful training and location includes:
- Shuttle service from the airport to the resort location
- Your choice of shared or private accommodations
- All meals during your retreat
- Outdoor Saltwater Pool
- Hot Tub
- Yoga Deck
- Pure Spring Water Source on Property
- WIFI access at various locations across the property
- Laundry Service
- Hot Showers
- Local activities
There are also options to add-on spa services at reasonable rates. You
can read more about Finca Mia here
And you can see all their latest photos and updates on Instagram by following them
About the RETREAT
- Our private shuttle will take you from San Jose to the retreat centre, departing at 10am on March 22nd.
- You may choose to arrive that day before 10am or arrive the day prior (21st) and stay at one of our partner hotels where we will pick you up.
- Costa Rica is a safe and beautiful location.
- A few select additional activities will be included in your retreat stay, but feel free to book additional spa services during off-times.
Tips for travel
- Fly into San Jose, Costa Rica
- Choose your accommodations as soon as you book to reserve your preferred option. See options here.
- Your stay includes breakfast, lunch and dinner with fresh, organic and wholesome foods. Please advise us of any dietary needs and the chefs will be happy to comply!
- You may choose to bring some snacks for your room but the Juice Bar also has options available for additional cost.
Total Training and Retreat investment: $3,450 CAN ($2,450 USD*)
Breakdown of Fees:
FULL WEEK RETREAT
- Birth and Postpartum doula training
- Special activities
- Shuttle from airport
- You will leave the training as a doula, and can begin working as a doula immediately
- Community support
- Guidance on additional education
Accommodations – SHARED OR PRIVATE
- Luxury accommodations
- Shared or private options
- Private accommodations available for an additional $1000 PP
- Choice of room (based on remaining availability)
- All meals
- Hot showers
- Hot tub
- Salt water pool
- Juice bar and spa services available at an additional fee
Instalment plans are available upon request. All training, retreat, and certification fees must be paid in full prior to attending.
Registration fee is non-refundable but transferrable to other Doula Training Canada learning opportunities a maximum of sixty (60) days prior to the retreat start date.
Space is limited.
* Fees are calculated from the USD to Canadian exchange at the time of registration and are subject to change based on the common exchange rate on the day of registration. Fees will be charged in Canadian dollars.
** Fees may change depending on registrants unique requests that are not included in the accommodation fees organized by DTC with Fincmia.
Registrants are responsible for the additional costs of their flights to and from San Jose, Costa Rica. Any costs associated with travel to and from Costa Rica are the responsibility of the registrant.
Program qualifies for 10 Educational Units towards certification with Doula Canada.