Registration closes one week before event. Please contact us for more information.
- This event has passed.
Douglas College I Labour Doula I March 7/8
March 7, 2020 @ 9:00 am - March 8, 2020 @ 5:00 pm PST
Douglas College is proud to be partnered with Doula Canada, one of the world’s leading membership and certification organizations for professional Doulas. With a strong focus on collaboration and communication, and by providing unmatched mentorship opportunities, Doula Canada will help you become a confident, compassionate and effective support for birthing families.
Our Labour and Birth Doula certification program will deepen your confidence in compassionate support and “best birth practices.”
Our one-of-a-kind demonstrations and mentorship will ensure that becoming a labour and birth doula is an exciting experience that will lead you to a rewarding career.
Our Doula Canada team is led by working doulas who know the commitment and dedication involved in supporting our communities. We provide significant mentorship, first-hand experience, and peer-to-peer support.
If these things speak to you, then becoming a labour and birth doula with Doula Canada and Douglas College is for you!
Our comprehensive course curriculum and highly experienced mentors will help you deepen your knowledge about labour and birth doula essentials such as:
- Effective communication in the doula profession
- Childbirth physiology and the birthing process
- Natural coping mechanisms and how to provide additional support for a natural childbirth
- Hands-on comfort measures for labour
- Supporting the partner
- Hands-on support for challenging labours
- Medical procedures
- Supporting home or hospital births
- Providing early breastfeeding support
- Postpartum warning signs
- Creating successful doula business practices, contracts, and client relations
- And so much more!
Registration Fee: $500
This include everything you need to get started on your path to becoming a Doula Canada Certified Doula
- 2 Day hands-on Labour & Birth Doula Workshop
- All course & resource materials
- Access to the on-line learning modules leading to Doula Canada certification
- Access to the Doula Canada online support community and mentorship programs
- Doula Canada membership
To register phone 604-527-5472
For more information, please contact:
Darelle Walker, Perinatal Program Assistant
Phone: 604-777-6531 I Email: email@example.com
Sharron Gibbs, Perinatal Program Coordinator