Registration closes one week before event. Please contact us for more information.
- This event has passed.
Douglas College I Labour Doula I March 7/8
March 7, 2020 @ 9:00 am - March 8, 2020 @ 5:00 pm PST
Douglas College is proud to be partnered with Doula Canada, one of the world’s leading membership and certification organizations for professional Doulas. With a strong focus on collaboration and communication, and by providing unmatched mentorship opportunities, Doula Canada will help you become a confident, compassionate and effective support for birthing families.
Our Labour and Birth Doula certification program will deepen your confidence in compassionate support and “best birth practices.”
Our one-of-a-kind demonstrations and mentorship will ensure that becoming a labour and birth doula is an exciting experience that will lead you to a rewarding career.
Our Doula Canada team is led by working doulas who know the commitment and dedication involved in supporting our communities. We provide significant mentorship, first-hand experience, and peer-to-peer support.
If these things speak to you, then becoming a labour and birth doula with Doula Canada and Douglas College is for you!
A Preview of Your Course Content:
Our comprehensive course curriculum and highly experienced mentors will help you deepen your knowledge about labour and birth doula essentials such as:
- Effective communication in the doula profession
- Childbirth physiology and the birthing process
- Natural coping mechanisms and how to provide additional support for a natural childbirth
- Hands-on comfort measures for labour
- Supporting the partner
- Hands-on support for challenging labours
- Medical procedures
- Supporting home or hospital births
- Providing early breastfeeding support
- Postpartum warning signs
- Creating successful doula business practices, contracts, and client relations
- And so much more!
Registration Fee: $500
This include everything you need to get started on your path to becoming a Doula Canada Certified Doula
- 2 Day hands-on Labour & Birth Doula Workshop
- All course & resource materials
- Access to the on-line learning modules leading to Doula Canada certification
- Access to the Doula Canada online support community and mentorship programs
- Doula Canada membership
To register phone 604-527-5472
For more information, please contact:
Darelle Walker, Perinatal Program Assistant
Phone: 604-777-6531 I Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharron Gibbs, Perinatal Program Coordinator