Registration closes one week before event. Please contact us for more information.
FULL SPECTRUM DOULA TRAINING | VIRTUAL | JAN 21st, 2024 START
January 14, 2024 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST$1,499.00
This virtual program allows students to hold space with an experienced team of instructors and learn about the relational and holistic aspects of becoming a birth worker.
When you register for the Full Spectrum Doula Training you are registering to receive training in fertility, pregnancy, birth, postpartum & loss, support.
– 12 scheduled LIVE webinars with experienced mentors and experts in their field (please see below)
– 14 core modules
– ongoing mentoring
Meetings and modules will cover but are not limited to:
- Community commitment, practice guidelines, jurisprudence, and ethical considerations
- Conception, pre-conception, fertility, family planning, and diverse family relationships
- Anatomy and physiology
- Pregnancy, preparing clients for labour, self-care and safety-planning
- Trauma-informed principles for care and trauma-focused support + counselling skills for our own trauma reflections
- Comfort measures for birth & postpartum
- Anti-oppression, discrimination, and decolonization of reproductive experiences
- Loss, grief & mourning: the multi-dimensional aspects of trauma and loss
- Compassion fatigue, burnout, and vicarious trauma: self-care planning and personal reflection by birth support themselves
- Business and non-business models of support
Materials and modules will become available on Sunday, January 14, 2024
Webinars will be held on Sundays from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. EST via Zoom (3-hour sessions) on the following dates:
- January 21, 2024
- January 28
- February 4
- February 11
- BREAK WEEK February 18
- February 25
- March 3
- March 10
- March 17
- March 24
- BREAK WEEK March 31
- April 7
- April 14
- April 21
Students must attend a minimum of 9 out of 12 live webinars to be recognized as having completed this program. Webinars will be recorded for playback purposes and sent to only registered members who have been provided access to this course.
This course is for new registrants only. Those who have previously registered with DTC in either the self-directed training or the in-person workshop option should continue in their studies under that format.
Applications and registration open with LIMITED SPACE at this time.