Registration closes one week before event. Please contact us for more information.
- This event has passed.
Trauma-informed vs Trauma-focused. Defining best practices in birth support I January 23, 2022
January 23, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EST$20.00
We often see support persons and organizations use the language “trauma-informed” but what does that mean?
The purpose of this 90 minute webinar is to host an authentic and evidence-based discussion about what it means to be trauma-informed versus trauma-focused.
Topics and points for discussion:
- Defining trauma, focus, and informed support as birth workers
- Considering trauma focused and trauma informed methods and models as a birth worker
- Discuss where most birth workers stand when it comes to trauma awareness and preparation
- Suggest tools for supporting clients from a trauma sensitive support model
- Provide suggestions for deepening skills and knowledge
- Q & A – open questions/ discussion
All registration fees will go to The Indigenous Foundation.
Next webinar: January 23rd @ 1pm EST
Due to the sensitive nature of this topic and to create space for sharing parts this webinar will not be available for playback.